At Rose Hill we follow the government’s curriculum for Early Years : The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
The government document divides the areas of learning into seven:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development,
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design.
The curriculum areas are described in broad developmental phases according to when children are usually ready for these aspects of learning, and teaching staff and nursery nurses keep careful records to ensure that children are given opportunities and support to make progress in every area.
The EYFS also explains how to provide a balance of different kinds of activities and experiences which includes play as a very important part, as well as group and individual activities led by adults.
At Rose Hill we believe that…
- Children learn to be resilient and strong from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents as well as their key person.
- Parents play the first and most important part in children’s learning.
- When parents and practitioners work together the results have a positive impact on children’s development and learning.
- In their play children learn at their highest level. Through their play children discover connections, build up concepts, and come to new and better understandings and ways of doing things.
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates; all areas of learning are equally important and interconnected.
- We know that children are learning and making progress when they display characteristics such as curiosity, motivation, confidence, enjoyment, independence and involvement.
- Children learn in a variety of ways: from and with each other, with adults, and through their interactions with the environment.
- Children learn both inside and outside, in the nursery garden. Both environments are equally important, in different ways, in supporting children’s learning.
EYFS CURRICULUM 2023-2024
Please click on the links to explore our new Curriculum